Internet marketing is all about advertising products and services to your target customer audience.
As a marketer, your job is to use a variety of internet marketing ideas and strategies to promote those products as effectively as possible.
So given below is a collection of 9 strategies and ideas that can help you profitably promote products and services online. Let’s get right into them.
1. Search Engine Optimization – SEO is one of the simplest yet most effective methods to create a significant online presence.
Create a list of short tail and long tail keywords associated with your niche and use them to create valuable, keyword-rich content for your website.
Doing this will really improve the chances of your website showing up in search engines when people search for the type of information you have to offer.
If you don’t use keywords associated with your niche on your website, search engines won’t be able to figure out what it is about. This means you will miss out on a lot of free traffic.
2. Article Marketing – Write articles on interesting topics about your niche and submit them to article directories.
At the end of each article include a short but interesting description of what problems you can help your readers thoroughly solve and leave a link to your website.
The place where you can include this short description is called a resource box. Article marketing is an awesome internet marketing idea because it will not only increase your website’s traffic, it also help you establish yourself as an authority in your niche.
People will view you as a trusted source of high quality information.
3. Link Building – Build high quality one way links by commenting on blogs related to your niche, writing guest posts on blogs, and submitting your website to link directories and social bookmarking websites.
Link building is commonly referred to as off page SEO and is used by search engines to determine the usefulness of the content on your site.
In other words, when several websites link to yours, search engines conclude that your content must be really useful to all those sites that are linking to your websites.
So they reward your website with higher rankings and more traffic.
4. Email Marketing – Build an email marketing list. It is considered one of the very best internet marketing ideas by many successful marketers. And rightly so. It enables you to market your products and services without having to spend any money.
It also increases the value of your internet marketing business because people are interested in buying a business that already has people to market products and services to.
To build a list, simply place a signup form on your website. Encourage people to sign up for your newsletter by offering freebies such as ebooks, software programs, membership to forums, and so on.
Better still, create a squeeze page (lead capture page) so that you can build a list even faster. A squeeze page is a one page site created solely to collect email addresses (and names sometimes).
Send your list an informative newsletter filled with high quality content. Doing this will cause them to start trusting you enough to buy from you.
You can even take things to the next level by creating exclusive offers and contests for your subscribers to make them feel special.
5. Blogging – Start a blog and post useful content on a regular basis. Blogging is one of the easiest ways to connect with your target customer base. Why? Because it is very interactive.
Allow people to comment on your blog to get their feedback and to know about the areas you can improve on. If you do this, you will quickly create a relationship with your audience.
In fact, of all the internet marketing ideas listed here, blogging is the easiest way to build a relationship with people who are not yet on you email list. And if they are already on you list, it will only strengthen your relationship with them.
6. Forum Marketing – One of the most over looked internet marketing ideas is forum marketing. Though it seems very easy to do, it is still very effective. So join forums related to your niche and contribute to the discussions regularly.
By doing so, you can not only create high quality one way links to your website, but also interact with other marketers and gain valuable knowledge.
You can also, by contributing regularly over a period of time, establish yourself as an expert in your niche.
7. Pay Per Click Advertising – PPC advertising is a great way to generate highly targeted traffic. Create PPC advertising campaigns using keywords with high search volume and low competition.
Create ads using different keywords to find out what works and what does not. All you need to find these keywords is use the Google keyword tool.
The best part about PPC campaigns is that they generate traffic instantly. Better still, you only pay when someone clicks on your ad and visits your site. In other words, you only pay for specific results. This makes it very easy to make a marketing budget.
8. Social Networking – Create a profile on social networking websites like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Join groups related to your niche or create your own group to connect with your target customers as well as fellow marketers.
Share articles, blog posts, and other interesting information with your social networking friends and encourage them to visit your website and blog. But remember to never try to sell anything on social networking sites.
Only use them to direct people to your site. Once they are there, you can then sell them your products or services. If you use social networking well, it is one of the best free internet marketing ideas. Why? Because your fans and followers will market your online business for you.
9. Contests and Promotions – Organize a contest and offer prizes for the winners. Doing this can create a buzz about your online business and cause more people to visit your website just so that they can win a prize.
But make sure you see a lawyer before running one of these
These internet marketing ideas can help you generate more traffic, leads, sales, and, eventually, profit. Some of these ideas may work for you and some may not.
The important thing is to keep an open mind and always be ready to learn from your mistakes. Use different types of marketing strategies, track the results closely, and find out what works best. Then stick to what works for you.
For more ways to market your products and services, check out these internet marketing ideas.
To Your Success
Bruce[Home] › [Internet Marketing Basics] › [Ideas]